Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 4: London


LONDON!! was so wondrous and full of brilliance that I didn't have time to write about it at the time. There's certainly more to it than any other city besides possibly New York and Paris, I reckon. It's brilliant.
I had a couple of hours to spend upon arrival before meeting Chris, so I had a good wander about. Crossing the Jubilee Bridge, seeing Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and the Eye on the other, I couldn't help grinning to myself like an idiot.
Met Chris, wandered through St James Park, Buckingham Palace (kinda grey and underwhelming), Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, St Paul's, Tower Bridge, and along the South Bank.
Went back to Chris's in Seven Kings, which is a very diverse neighbourhood. I think white folks are in the minority there.
Also, the Tube is great and has comfy seats, everything is bloody expensive and big mobs of tourists suck.

No comments: