Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 14: Bonsall



I'm at Adam's cottage in idyllic Derbyshire, and it's just about the loveliest place I've ever been. It's the English countryside we'd like to imagine exists, though in this case, of course, it actually does.
Began the day getting lost in Derby and almost missing the train to Matlock. "'Bout three islands over dat way," the bus driver explained when I asked for directions to the train station. I made it just as the doors were closing.
After a very scenic train ride, got to Matlock and met Adam. Hiked uphill to Bonsall. Went out for lunch, took the very scenic route back home again. Not much to say besides how beautiful it is around here. The lush green pastures, sheep, horses, cattle, crumbling stone walls, perfect little cottages and farmhouses. I could certainly live here, that's for sure.

No comments: