Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 48: Salzburg - Munich


Somehow, I expect everything in Germany to run with exquisite precision, but I guess it isn't so.
I went for a walk around Salzburg in the morning - yep, still pretty, yep, cliffs still there - then hopped on a train to Munich. That train stopped at the first town in Germany, where I had to change trains. Hopped on the first train, couldn't find any unreserved seats, hopped off again, expecting another one in twenty minutes. The next two trains were cancelled, so it was a two-hour wait for another train.
Still, got to Munich in time to have a bit of a look around. The main pedestrian street, and the big squares of Karlsplatz and Mariansplatz, are very nice, lots of the usual fancy shops but none of the three I needed - a music shop, a photo lab, or a supermarket. A couple of lovely big churches and museums that I'll explore tomorrow.

No comments: