Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 47: Vienna - Salzburg


A curious kind of a day has led me to be listening to church bells in Salzburg tonight. The plan was to spend the day in Vienna and take the overnight train to Munich. Since I didn't want to pay for any sightseeing, I had the idea of going to Graz for a day trip. Went to Sudbahnhof Station only to find that there wasn't anything to Graz for quite a while. So I walked around the city for a bit, had lunch and generally didn't want to wait around 'til midnight for the train, nor did I want to arrive at Munich at 6am. So I decided to go to Salzburg instead, halfway between the two.
Salzburg, then, is obviously very pretty, of course, all cobblestone streets and baroque buildings bounded very abruptly by very steep cliffs. Also of note: Austrians always so hello and goodbye when entering a train compartment, and Austrian dogs can ride the subway, but they need their own ticket.

No comments: